Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dayz Epoch Version 1.0.4 Release Pending

Dayz Epoch Version 1.0.4 Release Pending

We are waiting for our game server host to upload the appropriate files to upgrade the server.

For now, if you want to continue playing on our server, don't update your Epoch.

After our server is updated to the newest version, you can expect that some features unique to our server will be unavailable. Over the next few days, we'll be working on those issues.

It appears that the maximum number of weapons in a safe has been cut in 1/2 to 25.

If I were you, I'd make sure you have a storage location for the 25 extra guns...

Quote Originally Posted by Aristoi View Post
    The lead developer vbawol says the items will not be lost, but will be scattered on the ground the first time it is opened. EXPLODING SAFE!

Change Log: https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch...OG%201.0.4.txt
    Last edited by BuLwinkL; 01-28-2014 at 04:55 PM.

This is my favorite part

[ADDED] Added Craftable/Buildable Wood Crate Storage. Recipe 6 x PartWoodLumber = ItemWoodCrateKit.
    Nice work on that Aristoi, can't wait to fill one with beans.
    Last edited by BuLwinkL; 01-28-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuLwinkL View Post
    Nice work on that Aristoi, can't wait to fill one with beans.
    THANK YOU! I will not even mention how long such a seemingly minor thing took.

Quote Originally Posted by BuLwinkL View Post
    It appears that the maximum number of weapons in a safe has been cut in 1/2 to 25.

If I were you, I'd make sure your safe only has 25 in it BEFORE we upgrade.
    The lead developer vbawol says the items will not be lost, but will be scattered on the ground the first time it is opened. EXPLODING SAFE!

Reference: http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?...swers/?p=40577
    Last edited by Aristoi; 01-28-2014 at 05:07 PM.

Oooh a new feature, piņata safes!!!

And you know how items being laid on the ground works. They are usually "close by" aka within 50m or so....

Server is down now for updating.

Surprise, there are issues!

We have a ticket in for techs to take a look. I'll let you know.

That's unfortunate...

Is there an ETA on when the server will be playable and when that is, will any of the player files be affected? Last question, when the game is updated can we then update are clients or will we always have to run the current version in order to play the 507th servers?

No ETA I'm afraid. They have been working on our issue though.

Unfortunately the update that is currently available is called "1.0.4a - DON'T USE, IN TESTING"

I expect that your loot, vehicles and bases should be intact, unless things have gone very badly.

Once this update is completed you will need to be running 1.0.4.

I believe DayzCommander keeps older versions locally, so if you need to roll back, it doesn't need to download the files again.

Ok, forward motion. The server is now running 1.0.4.

My vehicle and personal gear were intact.

The server will be restarted from time to time as I edit and make changes.

If you're desperate, you can join, but be warned you will only have a minute's notice for restarts.

Password is currently "5"