Thread: Picasso for president..

Emooter

Picasso for president..

I had a chat with Picasso yesterday about how nice it was to see some actual active admins in Epoch - a lot of servers advertise having active admins but the players never hear or see them.
    That being said I do find it sad that the admin we see online the most is the one who can't really do anything admin-like to help us eg. retrieve lost keys, codes, spawn the building kit etc.

I now know that there is a problem with Battleye and it will kick you off the server if you try to spawn the building kit - however I only know this because I was online at the time Aristoi tried to help a player.
    The same goes for the roaming AI - I see people logging on and ask about them all the time.
    Apprently the AI you use does not support roaming, which is fine but some info our way would be nice, maybe change the loading screen so new players wont ask so much.

To sum it up, what I would like to see is :

1. More communication between the admins and players (to let us know why there are no roaming AI and long waiting time on building kits etc)
    2. More admin powers for Picasso (so he can help out more than he already is)
    3. New loading screen (since we don't have roaming AI anymore)

If people have more suggestions let the admins know and reply below

/ Emooter

Appreciate the feedback, as always.

We've been clear from the time it changed that there is no roaming AI due to the AI mod we are using. There is mission AI and static AI. I do not think it is a dereliction of admin responsibilities to not have roaming AI. The splash screen is minor issue, which we can address.

The building kits are a courtesy bonus to help new players, so complaining they are not timely enough seems a bit off. Anything in a building kit is available in the game world.

More admin power for Picasso (or anyone) to retrieve lost keys, unlock doors, and reveal forgotten codes is not what the admins should be doing. That is not a service we want to provide. This is DayZ. If you lose your keys, you should have made a copy. If you forget your door lock, you should have written it down.

Emooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristoi View Post
    We've been clear from the time it changed that there is no roaming AI due to the AI mod we are using. There is mission AI and static AI. I do not think it is a dereliction of admin responsibilities to not have roaming AI.
    You misunderstand if you think I meant "dereliction" - I'm simply asking for more communication to the players so we know why they are not there. The only reason I know why is because I was online yesterday when you were asked in game about it.

The building kits are a courtesy bonus to help new players, so complaining they are not timely enough seems a bit off. Anything in a building kit is available in the game world.
    I disagree. Players should complain that they aren't getting what they signed up for. If the responsibilities are too much for the two(?) admins who can spawn it in maybe give more powers to people like Picasso.

to retrieve lost keys, unlock doors, and reveal forgotten codes is not what the admins should be doing
    You say this, yet I've seen them do it. If they shouldn't be doing this - then what should they in your opinion be doing?

/ Emooter

Emooter: Fortunately, you can agree or disagree as you choose. You've said your piece, beyond that, it is between the admins.